The MTSC Trench Runners universe expands again with our newest contributor Bruce Davis...
Tell us a little about yourself? background, your real job, family etc?
I'm a student at USF in Tampa, Florida and currently working at Tampa General Hospital full time. I'm finishing my degree in magazine journalism. I'm a native Floridian and love the all year sunshine!
How & when did you first get into the hobby?
I've been intetested in modeling since I was very young, building snap-together models of planes, cars, tanks and so on. I've come back to it after becoming an adult several times. I think it was watching shows like "The Rat Patrol" that lured me in.
What aspects of the hobby appeal to you the most? What are your main interests?
Being able to replicate complex subjects in miniature is fascinating to me. The painting and weathering is where artistic skills come into play. I do mostly WW1 and 2 subjects. Also, I can't afford a real tank.
What are your other interests beside this hobby?
I'm also interested in art, music, history, fishing and a few other things, some of which tie into modelling.
What are some of your favorite web sites?
Michigan Toy Soldier, Armorama, Tutofig and TerraGenesis are just a few.
Do you post on about your hobbies on Facebook or any other social media outlets?
Yes, frequently on Facebook and Twitter.
Do you belong to any forums or subscribe/post to any blogs?
I'm a member on Armorama and have my own blog called gluestickssite.wordpress.com.
Any advice for someone new to hobbies?
I would say be patient and have fun. There is a lot to learn about the hobby, so pace yourself.
Read Posts by Bruce Davis HERE
- * FRIDAYS WITH FARLEY
- * Index to Articles
- * Product News & Updates
- * Product Spotlights
- * Sneak Peeks & Previews
- *A Somewhat Daily Dose of Useless Tidbits
- *Latest Product Releases
- *Trench Runner Reviews
- 1/35th Scale Figures-Model-Scenics.
- 1/72nd Scale Figures-Model-Scenics
- Caption This Image Contest
- Figure KIts & Busts
- Figure of the Week
- French & Indian War
- Historical Wargaming
- I'm Sayin' What? Contest
- Made With Kids in MInd
- Matt Koltonow's Game On!
- Meet Your Maker
- Meet Your Trench Runner
- Metal Figures Pre-painted
- MichToy - Site Updates - Events - News - Shows
- MichToy Tips & Tricks
- Model Kits
- MTSC Beginner's Guide to...
- Plastic Figures 54mm & Larger
- Plastics 15mm & 28mm
- Reference & Reading
- Scenic & Diorama
- Talkin' Toys
- The Show Report
- Tom Stark's Plastic Passions
- Toys in the Attic
- Trench Runner Charles Oldaugh
- Trench Runner Joseph W. Svec III
- Trench Runner Mat Johnson
- Trench Runner Max McDougall
- Trench Runner Nathan Hutchison
- Trench Runner Pat Hillard
- Trench Runner Steven Lowenthal
- WWI - Building The Great War in 1/35th & 1/16th Scale
- WWI - Reading & Referencing the Great War:
- Z Best Products of 2014!
- Z Best products of 2015
- Z Best Products of 2016