March 13, 2017

MEET YOUR MAKER: Erik Trauner of Nikolai Exclusive Modeling

Nikolai Exclusive Modeling aka Nikolai Figures is a range of unique 1/72nd scale high quality resin figures and accessories by Erik Trauner of Austria
Nikolai figures are exclusively 1/72nd scale and cast in a high quality resin* plastic. These figures grew out of Erik Trauner's diorama creations and many were originally made for use in these dioramas. Luckily for collectors these figures and accessories are now available under Erik's Nikolai brand. One only needs to visit Erik's Diorama Dreamland the site for the 1/72 diorama enthusiasts to see the incredible scenes that bring history life. On the site you not only find a gallery of Erik's dioramas to inspire you but also Tips & Tricks on making conversions and creating buildings.

So Now it's time to...
MEET YOUR MAKER: Erik Trauner of Nikolai Exclusive Modeling
I was born in 1958 in Vienna, Austria where I still reside today. I have been a professional musician for over 35 years and I’m the leader & founder of the Mojo Blues Band. At the age of 10 my father, a great model ship builder himself, encouraged me to collect and paint little Airfix figurines. Then I started to convert them and created my first dioramas. My hobby soon developed into a burning passion that lingers until today. Now looking back on over 40 years of modeling experience, I focused almost entirely on the scale 1/72. The favorite subjects for my dioramas are military historical scenes (not necessarily battles) as well as the realizations of ethnological subjects.
  
About ten years ago I started creating my own range of 1/72 figures and diorama accessories under the brand name Nikolai Exclusive Modeling. My intense historical interests are far reaching from ancient times until WWI and my goal is to create picturesque compositions telling historical stories. Although my figures have a static character, I try to breathe charisma and life into each of them. A friend once described my dioramas as 3-dimensional paintings, which is exactly what I'm trying to achieve.

View Erik Trauner's Dioramas
Woodland Indians Camp
Ancient Egypt

View our listings for Nikolai Exclusive Modeling


SaveSave

1 comment: