December 02, 2016

Fridays with Farley...Another Dose of Useless Tidbits


• The Good Stuff...
A Barzso Fort + Jenkins F&I figures = A fantastic French & Indian War diorama...

...

• Socialized
found on Facebook...
Kathy Millatt Modelling
Kathy who hails from the United Kingdom has a cool FaceBook page and blog where she shares all kinds of tips and videos on modeling. Not to be missed is the the Adventures of the Mini Kathy's that end each how to video.

from Kathy-
I’ve been modelling railroads since 2000 when I went on holiday and saw a permanent model railway exhibit. It reminded me of playing with trains with Dad when I was younger. He had Hornby Dublo 3 rail which we got out every Christmas. It even found a permanent home for a while before homework took over the desk. My main memory is that my white lines on the road were about a third of the road width and my major scenic element was sand. Hopefully I’ve moved on from that!

I started back into modeling with a UK layout based on the railway outside my house before moving on to modeling the United States. I chose the New Haven as it has all my favourite elements: grotty industrial, beautiful scenery, fast trains and local branch lines. It’s a beautiful part of the world and I’m a sucker for those stainless steel fluted side coaches! It’s been quite a journey with forays into On30 and scoff.

• Blogged
Kathy Millet Modeling blog is packed with how to videos n modeling water, scenery, structures and much more. Well with a visit if only for the photo of the week feature!
Decals, Transfers, Surface Detailing and of course eye balls!
Create realistic water almost by MAGIC! The best there is!

World standard for scenic & diorama products for miniatures, models, railroads.



• Sited
Looking for some inspiration? Eye candy? then click on over to Putty&Paint – The place for figure painters, sculptors and scale modelers.

Showcase your best projects & Get inspired by amazing projects from artists all around the world and contribute to the community by uploading your best projects. Whether you are a painter, a sculptor or a AFV Modeler. From tabletop to garage kit. From historic to fantasy. No matter what you love, show your best on Putty&Paint.

• Built
The Mummy diorama...just too cool for words!

I've seen a number this Young Miniatures bust of a WWI German Stormtrooper and various sites but this is the of these he absolute best interpretation it and unfortunately I don't know who did it. Simply stunning!


• Benched
I'm not sure I have that color?

• The Parting Shot...
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment