Airfix is a fondly remembered part of every boy’s childhood and the company is famous for their line of injection-moulded plastic aircraft, tanks and soldiers. The Airfix brand has been synonymous with model kits and figures for years and now it’s back with a vengeance, with Airfix Battles.
Playable with all your existing 1/72nd scale figures and vehicles, Airfix Battles Introductory Set comes with everything you need to play exciting World War Two battles straight out of the box. This includes die cut cardboard counters for tanks, infantry and guns in case you don't have any figures to hand. Airfix Battles also lets you plan your army using the Force Deck. Draw the cards or select the ones you need to build an exciting army to challenge your friends. Set up the battle using step-by-step instructions in the Mission book and you're ready to play. Each player has a hand of Command Cards to move and make their forces fight, bring in airstrikes or artillery support
The game is designed to get you playing quickly, with fast and fun rules so you can play several times in an afternoon or evening with typical missions lasting from 30-60 minutes.
- 2 double-sided maps showing the war-torn Normandy countryside to fight over.
- 2 sheets of die-cut counters featuring scenery, objectives, tanks, vehicles, guns and infantry so you can start playing immediately or better still grab your Airfix figures.
- A 16 page Rulebook with introductory rules to get you playing Airfix Battles
- A 16 page Mission book. Each mission introduces new rules leading you step by step through a series of fun narrative missions across Normandy.
- A 54 card Force Deck, each card describing a German or American squad, tank, vehicle or gun.
- A 54 card Command Deck to give orders to your forces
- 5 six-sided dice. Pre-order Now & Save
Later in 2016 will see the launch of the Airfix Battles Collector’s Edition, which introduces new rules to expand your game, as well as showing you how to move your battles from the board to wargames terrain with movement in inches or centimeters instead of squares. The book will contain fantastic photography of games in action to inspire you as well as a much bigger campaign to fight your way through.