August 13, 2015

FIGURE OF THE WEEK #85: The Fallen Comrade by Roger Dubois


Last time I featured a beautiful WWI vignette titled Another Cross to Bear.  That reminded me of some beautiful figures in my collection by Roger Dubois. Roger been creating World War I dimestore figures for many many years now. His creations start as old damaged and broken Barclay and Manoil figures that otherwise would end up in the trash heap of time. Each figure is a one of kind creation, usually converted with extensive reworking from original figures. His figures and several articles by him on how he creates these wonderful figures have been featured in Old Toy Soldier Magazine a few times. Pictured here is one of my all time favorites by Roger, the whimsical World War I German soldier kneeling by the Grave of a fallen comrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment