June 10, 2013

Links & Web Gems: Get Some Tips in New Figure Painter Magazine

A new e-publication out of the UK, Figure Painters Magazine is available to download as a PDF for less then $2.00 a copy.  FPM is a new independent magazine dedicated to sculpting, painting, displaying, collecting and gaming with miniature figures from all genre's. The magazine has details on new releases, reviews, interviews with the industries top painters and sculptors, show reports, tutorials and a user gallery.

I have to say, I’m extremely impressed with this magazine.  Not only is its production standard very high, but the content is first class too.  What I like about it the most is that it offers a very unbiased perspective on the hobby and thoroughly covers many of the aspects associated with the hobby, from painting, to sculpting. I often find myself looking for interesting publications that will help me become a better quality painter and grow my skill set.  When I saw this one I immediately recognised its value and highly recommend the 56 page maiden publication from Pigeon Publishing.

From Editor Shane Rozell... Issue one is more fantasy orientated but I want it to strike more of a balance in the future. Fantasy & Sci-Fi seems to be the way most people get into the painting hobby and hopefully e-publications like FPM can then show folks other styles and genre's, too many people seem to get stuck with a certain genre. We're also going to cover different scale to so we're gonna have some garage kits too. I feel we can all learn from each other and many of the techniques are shared.

Direct Link: Figure Painters Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment